Tourism Grant Promotion Program
The annual Boone County Convention and Visitors Bureau (Boone CVB) grant program was established to provide financial assistance to those organizations holding events or developing and improving tourism related attractions in Boone County.
The Boone CVB is most interested in providing funds to those events attracting out-of-county visitors to our area.
These grants are funded as part of the Boone CVB’s regular budget and are derived from a 5% Innkeepers tax on local hotels, motels, Air BnB and bed & breakfast locations. New events which bring overnight visitors to stay in the county’s lodging facilities are typically given the most favorable consideration when awarding grant funds.
- The grant program is open to both profit and non-profit organizations holding events in Boone County that have a positive impact on Boone County lodging facilities, or will bring attendees to Boone County dining, shopping and other attractions.
- Grants are to be used in conjunction with local events designed to attract out-of-county visitors to Boone County.
- To be considered, an online Grant Application Form (link located at bottom of this page) must be submitted. All parts of the application form must be completed before submission.
- Grant application forms must be received by the Boone CVB on or before the February 28, 2021 deadline date and will be considered for approval at the March, 2021 Boone CVB Board meeting.
- An organization may submit one grant request per event during a calendar year.
- Those organizations sponsoring two or more events during a calendar year must submit individual applications for each event.
- No revisions to an event may be submitted at subsequent meetings after approval by the Boone CVB Board.
- All printed and broadcast materials and advertising copy must acknowledge the Boone County Convention & Visitors Bureau as a funding source sponsor.
- The Boone CVB encourages using Boone County businesses for work or services.
- The Boone CVB Board will make the final decision to fund a request, deny a request, or fund specific portions of a request.
- Once grant funding is established for the event, grant monies are distributed via a check issued by the Boone CVB for the approved amount.
All organizations receiving grant funding must then fill out a Final Project Report online (located on previous page) – and then mail to the Boone CVB copies of receipts, invoices and/or canceled checks for the purchase of goods, media and services related to the grant.
Final Project Reports must be submitted to the Boone CVB within 60 days of the funded event project’s completion. Failure to do so could result in grant funds not being awarded in the following grant period or until final report compliance is met. This is at the sole discretion of the Boone CVB.
Grant monies are awarded for coverage of projects/events that includes but is not limited to: sporting events, animal & livestock shows, conferences, conventions, community festivals, and other tourism-related attractions.
Types of funded advertising may include radio, television, billboards, web site advertising, direct mail and brochure development (excludes program books and information to be distributed during the event), all designed to increase attendance at an event or attraction.
Any and all questions about the grant applications process and accepted advertising and promotion materials used for an event/festival should be directed to Jeri Day, Executive Director, Boone County Convention & Visitors Bureau at (765) 484-8572.
- When funds are awarded, all promotional materials produced must contain the following declaration along with the Boone CVB logo: “Produced in cooperation with the Boone County Convention & Visitors Bureau.” A Boone CVB logo is available in any file name or size from the Boone CVB office.
- The above credit must meet the following minimum size requirements:
- Printed material acknowledgement must include the Boone CVB logo be listed in at least 10 pt type.
- Billboard acknowledgement must be in at least 12″ letters.
- Radio or television ads must include the on-screen super: “Paid for by Boone CVB” at the end of each advertisement.
- Items that will not be considered for funding (Costs related to but not limited to):
- Postage or direct mail costs
- Ancillary event costs such as fireworks, added demonstrations, celebrity appearances, etc.
- Physical production of printed materials, radio, television, billboards, etc.
- Rental of Event Equipment such as portable toilets, staging, lighting, etc.
- Scholarships or cash awards
- Any permanent structure renovation or restoration
All questions about the Boone CVB grant application process should be directed to Jeri Day, Executive Director at (765) 484-8572 or firstname.lastname@example.org.